Working at SAA
High school students who are at least 14 years old may choose to work at SAA, and may choose to have a portion of his/her earnings contributed toward his/her school tuition account. Students are responsible for finding and maintaining their own job on campus, and SAA does not guarantee that all students will be able to find an on-campus job.
These are the steps that students should follow to become a student worker. All steps must be completed prior to beginning to work.
- Find a job that you would like to work for.
- Fill out and submit the form at the bottom of this page to request to be a student worker.
- Within 24-48 hours you will receive an email invitation from BambooHR, which is the employment software that we use.
- Once you receive the email invitation, setup your account with BambooHR.
- Completely fill out your personal profile in BambooHR (this step must be completed before you move on to step #6 below)
- Complete all employment forms that are assigned to you. All forms must be completed before moving on to step #7 below.
- Bring your I-9 documentation and your signed work permit to Mrs. Thorp in the Business Office. She will sign the Employer signature on the work permit.
- Wait to receive your approval to begin working (including PIN for clocking in/out).
- Once you have received your approval, you may begin working.
Note that the approval process can take several days or even weeks. To help move the process along quickly, please ensure that all forms are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
Student workers are paid minimum wage according to his/her age and County and State regulations. Payroll is processed on the 15th and Last Day of each month.
To begin the application process, submit the Request to be a Student Worker form below.