Drop off & pick up
Monday – Friday
Doors Open: 7:45am
Grades 9-12 classes begin: 8:00am
Grades PK-8 classes begin: 8:15am
All students should be dropped off at the side entrance by the auditorium.
After 8:15 the auditorium entrance will be locked and students should enter at either of the front entrances; high school students should enter at the high school entrance by the flag pole and elementary students at the elementary entrance. Elementary students who arrive after 8:15 and high school students who arrive late for a class must sign in at the office before going to class. If you are walking your elementary student inside, please refrain from entering the classroom after 8:15.
Grades PK-5 dismissal: 3:30pm-4:00pm
Grades 6-12 dismissal: 3:40pm-4:00pm
Grades PK-5 dismissal: 1:45pm-2:15pm
Grades 6-12 dismissal: 2:00pm-2:15pm
All students will be picked up from the Auditorium entrance ONLY during dismissal.
SAA uses the PikMyKid software and parent app for dismissal of all grades. Parents and all driver delegates must utilize the PikMyKid app to ensure students are properly and safely dismissed from school each day.
Students in grades PK-8 who remain at school after dismissal has ended will be checked-in to the After School Care program, and charges will apply based on the posted fees (click here).
Students in grades 9-12 who remain at school after dismissal has ended will be checked-in to The Study program. Charges are not applicable.
All students must be picked up by 6:00pm on Monday-Thursday and 4:00pm/5:00pm on Friday’s (closing time on Friday’s is determined by sunset.)
- Staggered arrival times help to prevent an influx of cars arriving at the same time.
- If you have a student in grades 6-12, we ask that you arrive after 3:40pm (2:00pm Fridays). Arriving before this time will result in being sent to the “hold” area to wait for your student to be dismissed.
- Encourage your student(s) to quickly walk outside once his/her name is indicated for dismissal.
- As you are leaving the SAA campus, we ask that you turn RIGHT onto Rt 198; please no left turns onto Rt 198 during arrival or dismissal hours.
- Once you have left SAA’s campus, follow all applicable road laws and avoid making an illegal U-turn at the Peach Orchard Road intersection.
- Ensure your student’s Pick Up Mode is correctly assigned according to your arrival plans. Pick Up Modes cannot be changed after 3:00pm (1:15pm Fridays).
- If you plan to park and walk inside rather than go through the Car Line, ensure your student’s Pick Up Mode has been changed to Parent Park/Walk Up.
- If your student will be going to an after school program, such as After School Care, Sports, Drama, etc., assign this accordingly for each applicable day. You can bulk edit multiple days at once.
- If your student will be picked up by anyone other than the student’s mother/father, add that person as an Approved Contact and assign your student(s) to him/her accordingly for each applicable day. All Approved Contacts should also have the PikMyKid app.
- “Announce” your arrival as soon as you arrive on campus. If location services are enabled on your mobile device, PikMyKid will auto-announce for you when you arrive on campus during the dismissal window. As long as your student’s Pick Up Mode has been correctly assigned, your student should arrive in the correct place.
- If you need assistance with the PikMyKid app, please see the resources below or contact the front office.